Driving growth relies heavily on the flexibility, strength and protection of IT systems. Many small and medium sized businesses have no IT staff and either rely on a local IT service provider (on an as-needed basis) or their small internal staff has limited bandwidth to manage systems and develop an overall technology strategy that will serve business growth. Either approach can put important functions like Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR), disaster recovery, applications management and network security at risk. Add mobile technology, tablet use, and cloud-based storage into the mix and organizational capacity is stretched beyond what is tenable. Using managed services can provide affordable and effective alternatives for smaller enterprises that drive big results.
Utilizing our framework for providing managed services, PCA provides a range of proactive services to keep your IT systems up-and-running and your people and organization productive.
- Site Assessment
- Site Inventory
- Proactive Services
- Management and Status Reporting
- Online (Cloud) and Local (Onsite) Data Backup and Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR)
- Managed Network Infrastructure
- Best Practices Using Industry Standard Best-in-Class Solutions
- Periodic Business Reviews
- Assigned Engineering Personnel
- Business Continuity
- Cost Management and Control
- Managed Expansion and Growth
Our goal is to serve as your technology partner with a focus on providing tailored solutions based on a joint understanding of your current and future business needs. We use a consultative approach to evaluate your existing organization and technology, and then advise on the best-fit solutions. PCA can save your organization time and money through better use of appropriate technologies. Our offering will include both remote and onsite engineering efforts to optimally manage and maintain your computing environment.
Initial Service Provisioning
To keep your systems running right, we begin with the critical support required to ensure that your computing environment is under compliance with PCA’s managed services' standards. Initial tasks conducted by our managed services' engineers may include:
- Site Assessment - Review your system infrastructure and network security
- Network Consistency - Bring your infrastructure and systems to a known state, including the installation and configuration of software applications, required updates and patches, as well as providing a complete backup of your programs and data
- Site Database - Create an inventory of your system hardware and software
- Review Managed Services' Activities - Service and support procedures, onsite requirements, and the parameters of the service
Periodic Business Reviews
PCA offers regularly scheduled Periodic Business Reviews (PBRs). These recurring update meetings are often held on a quarterly or semi-annual basis and may include the following critical topics:
- Review and discuss our existing arrangement along with various performance metrics
- Discuss new projects and review updates on existing projects
- Review the existing IT infrastructure, including cybersecurity-related items
- Plan for the future by assisting with IT-related budgeting, emerging technologies, along with longer-term planning and recommendations
- Follow-up on action items from the previous PBR
- Create new action items for the subsequent PBR
- Review PCA's ongoing support and the continuing communication between our two organizations
- Review any changes or updates within our respective organizations that may have an effect on each other
Focusing on the Core of Your Business
Small to medium size businesses (SMBs) who need to develop new revenue streams and drive growth all want to leverage the power of mobile, cloud and social platforms. The challenge is having in-house talent that can handle developing and managing these newer technologies while at the same time, managing the company's network and keeping everyone’s devices up and running. The reality is that most companies’ core competencies do not include technology. Smart companies use managed IT services to bridge that gap and keep focused on running the business with the right partners to manage the technology tools and infrastructure.